Recipe by MarissaB
You can make this a vegan dish by simply substituting the chicken breasts with a meat-substitute (I like Quorn brand), and substitute the chicken broth for vegetable broth.
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups shredded savoy cabbage
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup canned navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup canned diced tomato
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh spinach, shredded
- pesto sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions, garlic, parsley, and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add cabbage and cook until softened.
- Transfer to a soup pot. Add green beans, celery, navy beans, tomatoes, zucchini, broth, and chicken.
- Simmer 30 minutes over low heat, covered.
- Add spinach and cook over low heat for 1 minute.
- Ladle into bowls and top each with 1 T. pesto (if desired).