Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a different twist on your average boring chicken salad sandwich !
Make and share this Mediterranean Chicken Salad Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced pitted black olives
- 1⁄4 cup yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 kaiser rolls, split
- additional mayonnaise
- lettuce leaf
- Place chicken, water, basil, salt and pepper in medium pan, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer covered 10-12 minutes till chicken is no longer pink in center.
- remove chicken from pan; cool.
- Cut into 1/2 " pieces.
- Combine chicken, cucumber, mayonnaise, red pepper, olives,yogurt and garlic powder in medium bowl and toss to coat well.
- Spread rolls with additional mayonnaise.
- Top with lettuce and chicken salad mixture.
- Garnish as desired.
This was great! My whole family loved it and I made my friend try it and she cant wait to write a review too. The only thing I did different was I used canned chicken breast from costco and sprinkled in the salt pepper and basil, so I was able to eliminate the water. Again I say - This is great!
I followed other reviewers and used Greek yogurt and already cooked meat. I also used more olives (kalamata) and red pepper (fresh though, since that is what DH prefers). The flavors are great in this, I think the olives and Greek yogurt really make it.
This is such a tasty, easy recipe! I used capsicum (red bell pepper) instead of olives to cater to picky kids and also added some fresh basil. We loved it and will use it again. Thanks for sharing!