Recipe courtesy of the Chilean Avocado Importers Association. Like you needed to know that. ;o) Prep time doesn’t include marinating.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted and mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup small green pimento stuffed olive, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, finely sliced
- 1 large Hass avocado, ripe, finely chopped
- In sealable plastic bag, combine chicken and marinade of lemon peel, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Seal bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In bowl, whisk together remaining 3 tablespoons lemon juice, roasted garlic, remaining 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Mix in tomato, green olives, capers, basil and avocado; set aside.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade. Grill over medium-hot coals for 4 to 5 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness.
- Serve with Avocado Tapenade.