Mediterranean Chicken Breasts
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup minced kalamata olive
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over mediun-high heat.
- Place chicken breasts in pan and cook for about 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan, set aside, and keep warm.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in skillet. Add minced garlic and saute for about 1 minute. Add diced tomatoes, olives, and chicken broth.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and return chicken breasts to pan. Simmer chicken breasts for and additional 3-4 minutes or until they're cooked through.
- Place each chicken breast on a plate and spoon the tomato sauce over them, dividing evenly. Sprinkle each chicken breast with feta cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!