Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cooking Light 1997, a favorite pot luck dish. It has the flavors of an Italian antipasto salad
Make and share this Mediterranean Chicken and Rice Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarsly ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup drained diced bottled roasted red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup pitted ripe olives, drained and halved
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts, drained
- Combine vinegar,olive oil, pepper and minced garlic in a small bowl.
- Set dressing aside.
- Combine rice and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add dressing.
- Stir until well blended.
YUMMY! This is LIGHT, FRESH, HEALTHY and packed full of FLAVOR! I used basalmic vinegar, sliced green mediterranean olives, extra fresh ground pepper and added sea salt. The fresh herbs are really nice in this. I loved it with the chicken but would also like to try it with tuna. It was also great topped with feta cheese. Made for PAC Spring 2007.