Recipe by LAURIE
Posted from a website co-op this stew is plainly simple, so feel free to add any other veggies that you may desire. It is great served over mashed potatoes, noodles or rice along side some crusty bread.
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into bite size chunks
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (2 inch) cinnamon sticks (or 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place zucchini in bottom of a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker.
- Add stew meat and remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on high setting 5 hours or until meat is tender.
- One half hour before serving, remove cover from slow cooker and stir stew.
- Continue to cook without cover for 30 minutes.
- Remove and discard cinnamon stick before serving.