Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
From Pillsbury Pasta cookbook
- 6 ounces uncooked rotini pasta (spiral pasta)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 large shallots, minced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 375°F Spray 2-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook rotini to desired doneness as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in flour; cook 30 seconds. With wire whisk, stir in broth. Add mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- Drain rotini. Add rotini, chicken, artichoke hearts, tomatoes and parsley to mushroom mixture; mix gently.
- Spoon into spray-coated casserole. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.