Recipe by Helen1
I got this from a Schneider's pamphlet and obviously you can use any brand of back bacon and it will turn out great.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (175 g) package back bacon, diced
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce (to garnish) or 1⁄2 cup sour cream (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely grate the potatoes and onion, pour into a large bowl.
- Stir in eggs, then add all other ingredients except garnish.
- Heat large non-stick skillet with 1 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat.
- Drop 2 tablespoons batter for each pancake onto hot skillet, cook each side till golden brown.
- Add more oil to skillet as needed.
- Place on paper towel lined baking sheet and keep warm in oven at 250F till ready to serve.
- Garnish with applesauce or sour cream.