Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love meat loaf sandwiches for lunch. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (October 2009)
- 1⁄2 inch thick leftover meatloaf
- 2 slices monterey jack cheese (or which ever deli cheese you have on hand)
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- olive oil
- Place meat loaf slice between 2 slices of cheese and 2 slices of bread.
- Brush outside of sandwich with olive oil.
- Over medium low heat cook sandwich in skillet, turning (3-5 minutes per side).
We normally make meatloaf sandwiches from leftovers, but haven't quite made grilled sandwiches using meatloaf. It is very good and my favorite part was the extra virgin olive oil used that was brushed over the top. It imparted a very nice flavor (better than butter). My husband suggested putting finely diced red onion in the sandwich and I will do that next time. Thank you ellie_ for kicking up meatloaf sandwiches a few notches. Made it for PRMR.
Yummy! We had this for dinner tonight with homemade tomato soup. The usual left over meatloaf sandwich is good, but this is exceptional! Thanks so very much for sharing your recipe!
I used the suggested cheese and an 8 grain bread grillled in my grill pan. Meatloaf recipe used for this sandwich was Recipe #150425. :)