Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Adopted from the RecipeZaar account. I haven't made it yet.
- 1 lb minced meat
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked vegetables, of your choice (ideas, chopped carrots, potatoes, green beans, tomatoes)
- Mash the vegetables.
- Saut the onion in the butter till softened.
- Add the mashed vegetables and simmer the mixture for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients (mince, seasoning, breadcrumbs, parsley, egg) in a bowl.
- Add the vegetable mixture and blend well.
- Shape the mixture into the shape of a loaf.
- Grease a loaf tin and place the mixture into the tin.
- Dot with the butter and bake in a preheated oven (350 degrees Fahrenheit) for approximately one hour.