Recipe by Vicki in CT
Brad and Britt's favorite. From BHG.
Top Review by PaulaG
The true test of a good meatloaf is how well it slices while hot. This sliced very nicely after the standing time. I used ground turkey and homemade tomato sauce. We enjoyed this for dinner with Recipe #458619 and Recipe #460887. Made for Aussie Swap.
- 8 ounces tomato sauce, divided
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, seasoned
- 2 lbs ground beef
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine half of tomato sauce and remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Form into loaf and place on rack which has been placed on foil lined casserole.
- Bake at 375 for half an hour. Top with remaining tomato sauce. Continue cooking for another half hour. Let stand for ten minutes before slicing.