Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This meatloaf has a very nice flavor. It is a recipe of Heinz 57. Simple but long on flavor.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb (I use Italian)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Thoroughly combine all of the above ingredients.
- Shape into a loaf in shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for one hour (I bake it only for 45 minutes).
- Allow to stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serves 6.
I made this last night and it was so easy. My boyfriend loved it too! I also only cooked it for about 45 minutes.
My husband LOVES Heinz57 sauce, so I tried this recipe. SO glad that I did. MMake sure you let it rest for a good 5 minutes once taking out of the oven so your slices comes out well and don't crumble. Like the author, I also cooked for just 45 minutes and felt that was plenty. I used some of the drippings to make a gravy to go with Mashed Taters. Great weeknight meal. Just like another reviewer, we didn't have any leftovers either. Between us, a guest and our bulldog Bella, the entire meatloaf was enjoyed!! Thanks for this great recipe!!
Yuummmm, my whole family liked this recipe! I do like my meatloaf with a little sweet topping. I mix ketsup with a bit of brown sugar then wait 10 mins before done and pour over the top. Good stuff thanks!