Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick and easy to make and fills you up. Serve with none or lots of the optional garnishes.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 red sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- salt, if needed, to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese
- crushed tortilla chips
- light sour cream
- chopped green onion
- chopped tomato
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add oil, onion, red pepper and garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, all of the beans, water, cumin, cilantro, cayenne, oregano, sugar, and pepper. Stir well.
- Bring to a simmer and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with any, all or none of the optional garnishes.
making this tonite
I didn't add the sugar and I didn't add any garnish, but this was really good chili-simple too make too :)