Recipe by Abby Girl
My good friend Marleene made these up as part of an appitizer. Use a chafing dish to keep them warm. Serve with pretzels, for that "no fuss" clean up!! This recipe originally came from the Best of Bridge
Top Review by Domestic Goddess
I made these for lunch today, but used my own Italian meatballs that I had made and that were stored in my freezer. Of course I unthawed them before placing them in a skillet. As for the sauce, I used Welch's Concord Grape Jam rather than the grape jelly. I didn't use all the sauce, just enough to cover the 1 pound of meatballs in the skillet, and I simmered the meatballs for 10 minutes, then placed them and the sauce in a casserole baking dish, covered them, and baked them in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Both my husband and I enjoyed the meatballs, and Abby I'd like to thank you for the recipe.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, fine
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
Chili Grape Sauce
- 12 ounces chili sauce
- 10 ounces grape jelly
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Meat balls: Mix ground beef with egg, bread crumbs, parsley, onion, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Roll into balls.
- Heat chili sauce, jelly, lemon juice, brown sugar and soy sauce in a large pot. Bring to a boil and add uncooked meatballs.
- Simmer meatballs in sauce for 30 minutes. Serve in a chafing dish with toothpicks or pretzels. Freezes well.