Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 6 teaspoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons horseradish, grated
- Put the beef through a meat grinder 3 times.
- Add the butter, bread crumbs, flour, milk, salt and pepper.
- Mix well with your hands until well blended.
- Shape into small balls.
- Boil in salted water 15 minutes.
- These meat balls may be used as dumplings to be dropped into beef broth or soups or served with small boiled potatoes with horseradish sauce, as follows:.
- HORSERADISH SAUCE:.
- Whip cream until stiff.
- Beat in grated horseradish.
- If you prefer a heated sauce for the meat balls, prepare your favorite cream sauce and stir in the grated horseradish.