Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
From Meatball subs to spaghetti and everything in between, these are an all around staple in our house. Even my SO who isn't a fan of red sauce loves them.
- 3⁄4 lb ground pork
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey or 3⁄4 lb hamburger
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- In a large mixing bowl add the meats and blend together with your hands.
- Add the onion, parsley, pepper, and garlic salt. Mix again with your hands until all the seasonings are well blended with the meat.
- In a bowl beat the eggs until well beaten. While mixing the egg into the meat mixture, add the bread crumbs 1/2 cup at a time until the meat begins to feel slightly firm.
- Form the meat into 1 1/2" balls with your hands.
- Gently place in cooking pan so that the meatballs are close but not touching.
- Cook in pre-heated oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes or until browned.
- The meatballs will not be fully cooked yet.
- Add meatballs to your favorite sauce and simmer for one hour. (I usually use my Grandmother's sauce recipe, since this was her meatball recipe. I posted it under Spaghetti Sauce #79000 for anyone who would like it.).
It took a while to cook it, but when it was time to sit down to dinner, my family and i all agreed, it was well worth it
I made these for dinner last night. I was in a rush, so I didn't have time to simmer them in sauce...I just baked for 15 minutes at 350* and then broiled them for another 15. I only had plain bread crumbs, so I used S'kat's Homemade Italian Seasoning (#17718) and added it to the crumbs. These were delicious, but next time I will make sure I have the time to do it right and simmer them! I made 12 jumbo meatballs!! Thanks for posting this! :-)
Great meatballs, my husband ,kids and I loved them. I had some left over so we will look forward to sandwiches!