Alan Leonetti's Note:
I was born and raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and this is the AUTHENTIC Meatball Sub that you would get in South Philly. See my Marinara Sauce of Alan Leonetti (2 Servings) (((The Best))) for the marinara sauce. If you have any questions, e-mail me: AlanLeonetti@q.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 lb ground beef
- 1/4 lb ground pork
- 1/4 lb ground veal
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic (from jar)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 4 crusty hoagie rolls
- provolone cheese (for topping)
- marinara sauce (see my Marinara Sauce of Alan Leonetti (2 Servings) (((The Best))))
- 1Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- 2Make my marinara sauce and have the sauce in a hot saucepot.
- 3Shape into 1 inch balls.
- 4Place into hot skillet and saute until brown on all sides.
- 5Place the meatballs into the marinara sauce.
- 6Cook on low heat about 15 minutes.
- 7Place the opened hoagie rolls onto a sprayed baking sheet.
- 8Place meatballs and sauce onto the hoagie rolls topped with provolone cheese.
- 9Place under the broiler for a few minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- 10Remove from broiler, close the rolls, and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatball Sub (Italian)
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.9
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 117.9 mg
- Sodium 748.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 24.4 g