1/1 Photo of Meatball Stew
1 hr 30 mins
Erin K. Brown's Note:
My mom made this all the time when I was a kid, I love it! Sometimes I do meatballs and sometimes just get stew meat and toss that in instead to make it super easy. A couple of cloves of garlic don't go amiss in this recipe either. It's very versatile.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cube the potato, pieces should be smaller than dice size. (Remember, this is a stew, so it's easier to eat if all the bits fit on your spoon!).
- 2Slice the carrots. I use a bag of baby carrots instead of 2 large ones. Makes for nice little bits.
- 3Dice the onion.
- 4Place all the vegetables in a 2.5 quart (or larger) oven safe crock (with lid). Leave about 2 inches of space to the top.
- 5Roll ground beef into balls. They should be no bigger than 3/4 inches in diameter about thumbnail size).
- 6Gently put the meatballs on top of the veggies to avoid crushing them.
- 7Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 8Follow instructions on the gravy packets to make 3 cups of gravy.
- 9When the gravy is done, stir in some Season All to taste (I use ~2 tsp) & pour it slowly into the crock. Make sure all the meatballs are covered.
- 10Cover with lid and bake for 1-1.5 hours. Open and gently stir occasionally.
- 11You may want to put a piece of foil (or foil covered cookie sheet) on the rack below, as this tends to drip over once it begins to boil.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatball Stew
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.6
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.1 mg
- Sodium 729.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: