Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1⁄4 cup crushed corn flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups purchased marinara sauce
- 6 Italian rolls (long) or 6 French rolls, toasted (long)
- Mix together ground beef, onion, Parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley, cornflakes, garlic, oregano, pepper, and salt in a large bowl; blend well.
- Spray a large baking dish or sheet with nonstick spray (Pam).
- Shape meat mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls and place in prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until firm to touch.
- Heat marinara sauce in a saucepan according to package directions.
- Add meatballs and simmer 15 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Spoon 5-6 meatballs onto bottom half of rolls.
- Add enough sauce on top to coat.
- Cover with top half of roll and serve.
- Slightly messy but worth it.
Made this for my husband who loved it! Said it was zesty and enjoyed every bite! Thanks for sharing ~ I now have a meatball sandwich recipe on hand when he wants one! :)
Like a lot of other people, I added more spice, namely basil, rosemary, and thyme the next time 'round and it was much more flavorful. Also I recommend lowering the time in the oven by 5-10 min to retain more juice in the final product.
Quite good. I always add FAR more spice than a recipe calls for, and did so here by adding lots of minced garlic. I also used bread crumbs. A good one.