Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Quick Cooking Magazine. These sandwiches are so yummy no one will guess frozen meatballs - I use Make-Ahead Meatballs - are your secret ingredient! They also make easy appetizers if unexpected guests stop by.
- 30 meatballs, 1 batch of 30 (frozen or thawed)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 6 sandwich buns, split
- Place meatballs in an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish.
- Combine the next five ingredients; pour over meatballs.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Serve on rolls.
- Yield: 6 servings.