Recipe by SSain
For spaghetti, lasagna, or casseroles Cook up this large amount and you'll have lots left over to freeze.
- 5 lbs ground chuck
- 2 cups onions
- 1 green pepper
- 9 cups canned tomatoes
- 4 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste (2 2/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- chop the onions, green peppers, and parsley.
- brown beef,onions,and green pepper. drain.
- Including the juice from the canned tomatoes, add all of the ingredients.
- bring to boil stirring so it won't stick.
- turn down and simmer.
- stirring occasionally until thick as you like it.
- I have used blanched and peeled tomatoes in place of the canned ones.