Recipe by Bonnie Traynor
I was looking for a Greek Meat Pie and really couldn't find one, so I made one up! Enjoy it!
Top Review by email@example.com
This was delicious! I also added 3 large potatoes to fill this out a bit more, chopped in a small dice and pre-cooked. Since I added the potatoes, I added some more salt and doubled the spices. This was really great!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 10 sheets phyllo dough
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- olive oil-flavored Pam
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pan, heat the garlic with half of the olive oil.
- Add in the ground meat and small onion.
- When the meat is almost cooked through add in the tomato paste.
- Add in the salt, pepper, cinnamon and all spice to your taste.
- When cooked completely through, remove from heat and set aside in a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees.
- In a large lasagna size glass pan, spray the bottom of the pan with Pam.
- Add one sheet of the Phyllo dough.
- Spray that sheet and add another layer the same way until you have 5 sheets sprayed down with the Pam and layered on top of each other.
- You can let it go over the sides if the pan is too small for the sheet.
- Once you have the 5 sheets, add the meat to the sheets and spread evenly.
- Add the feta cheese evenly on top of the meat mixture.
- Make sure it is crumbled small.
- You do not want large chunks in one spot.
- Once you are through with that, start to add the remaining sheets the same way you did to begin with, remembering to spray each sheet as you layer.
- On the top layer, I sprayed with the Pam and also put the remaining olive oil on it spread evenly.
- You do not have to do this, I just like the extra taste.
- I also folded over the overlay to make it seal somewhat.
- Cook for about 15-17 minutes or until it is lightly golden on the top.