Revamped from another recipe for my meat and potatoes guy. No veggies here but feel free to add them if you like! I serve the veggies on the side (picky dh) With or without this a is very yummy and well seasoned savory pie! I use turkey but any ground meat can be used.
- Saute meat and onion in oil until no longer pink. Drain grease.
- Add potatoes and seasonings and mix well.
- Line pie pan with one crust and fill with meat mix.
- Top with second crust and pinch to seal.
- Cut slits in top of crust to vent.
- Brush crust with beaten egg and place filled pie pan on cookie sheet to catch any drips.
- Bake at 375F for 30-35 minutes until crust is browned.
- Note: Updated after review.
- If you prefer a more moist pie add some milk or cream to your mashed potatoes before adding to the filling. You could also tear a piece of bread or two and soak them in milk or broth and then add them to the meat mixture.