Great casserole dish! Great for potluck! This recipe is from "Family Circle" or "Woman's Day" magazine, 2005.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb carrot, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 3 medium yellow onions, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (28 ounce) package prepared garlic-flavor mashed potatoes (Country Crock)
- 3/4 lb ground round
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1In a medium saucepan, bring carrots, onion, and 4 cups water to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, until veggies are tender. Add peas and cook. Remove from heat. Drain, reserving 2 cups of the veggie water. Set aside water and veggies.
- 2Stir beaten egg into prepared mashed potatoes. Set aside.
- 3Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 9x9x2-inch casserole. In large skillet over medium heat, sauté ground round and garlic in oil for 5 minute Stir in Worcestershire sauce, thyme, hot-pepper sauce, and salt. Add flour to meat mixture and cook, stirring. Stir in 2 cups reserved veggie water. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in carrot mixture. Pour into prepared pan. Spread mashed potatoes evenly over top.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly and the potatoes are browned. Makes 6 servings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meat and Potatoes Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.8
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 71.2 mg
- Sodium 486.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 14.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic-flavor mashed potatoes