Recipe by JanuaryBride
A Jamaican recipe made by Sunny Anderson on Cooking for Real. Some reviewers on another website recommend adding a twist of lime at the end and decreasing the amount of sugar from 2 cups down to 1 cup (but I will leave those choices up to you). Sunny also said that she has added vodka to this beautiful, bright green juice for a wonderful adult cocktail.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Another winner from the fabulous January Bride. I always enjoy your drinks and this unique one certainly does not disappoint. Beautiful bold color, refreshing, tart and tangy drink. I loved it. Made exactly as written, only change was to use club soda instead of water, (personal preference only). Thanks for sharing JB, I will be making this again. Made for Aussie Swap #39. :)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the cucumbers, placing the peels in the blender for later use.
- Grate cucumber flesh.
- In a medium saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil.
- When sugar dissolves, add the grated cucumber and simmer until cucumber is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a blender, puree reserved cucumber peel and cucumber syrup until smooth.
- Line a strainer with cheese cloth over a bowl. Strain cucumber mixture.
- Gather cheesecloth in 1 hand to squeeze out all of the juice.
- Chill until cool, about 1 hour.
- Serve in glasses over crushed ice.