1/4 Photos of Mean Chef's Maple Brine
I adopted this recipe from Mean Chef. "Great brine for turkey or chicken."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients in large stainless steel pot.
- 2Bring to simmer, remove from heat and cool completely Remove turkey neck and giblets.
- 3Rinse turkey well.
- 4Put turkey in cold brine.
- 5Use a stainless, plastic or other non-reactive container.
- 6Add water if brine doesn't cover bird.
- 7Refrigerate 2- 4 days, turning bird twice a day.
- 8To cook: remove turkey from brine, pat dry, brush with olive oil.
- 9Either grill or cook in oven.
- 10It is also advantageous to leave the dry turkey in the refrigerator for at least 4 hour or overnight, uncovered.
- 11This completely dries out the skin to insure a crisp finish.
- 12DO NOT stuff turkey.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mean Chef's Maple Brine
Serving Size: 1 (4575 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3147.7
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 109319.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 754.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 627.1 g
- Protein 59.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: