Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I just love this recipe. It so versatile! Since each person gets their own bag they can have their own vegetables. My friend likes mushroom, but I don't. We each get what we want.
- 2 lbs lean beef (I prefer ground beef.) or 2 lbs poultry (I prefer ground beef.) or 2 lbs pork (I prefer ground beef.)
- 4 cups vegetables, chopped if needed (I suggest baby red potatoes, baby carrots, peas, and onions. My friend likes mushrooms too.)
- rosemary or basil or garlic
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375 fahrenheit.
- Separate meat into four equal portions.
- Place each portion onto a separate sheet of aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle seasoning onto meat.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Place 2 cups of vegetables on top of each portion of meat.
- Add a tablespoon of butter onto each portion.
- Fold the aluminum around each portion to create a bag.
- Place each bag in a baking dish.
- Bake until done, about 45 minutes.
- Serve hot.
I made these ahead of time and took them camping cooking them on the grill. They were great tasting and very little clean up. Thanks.
This is such a great recipe for my family. It proved to be very easy to make, and turned out perfectly. You can use ground turkey if you're concerned about the calorie intake. Great find!