Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Adapted from source: McCormick
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mccormick ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Well grease 2 (9x5-inch) loaf pans.
- In a large mixer bowl, thoroughly combine first 6 (wet) ingredients.
- Mix together next 6 (dry) ingredients.
- Stir into pumpkin mixture, a small amount at a time.
- Mix well.
- Stir in nuts, if desired.
- Divide batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven 1 hour or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan allow to cool completely.