Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I make this copycat version from Tom Wilbur so Dugan will stop hoarding packages of the Hot Mustard Sauce from McDonalds.
- 118.29 ml water
- 118.29 ml corn syrup
- 78.07 ml white vinegar, plus
- 14.79 ml white vinegar
- 29.58 ml dried mustard
- 19.71 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 2.46 ml turmeric
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.65-0.91 ml habanero sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a small covered saucepan. Whisk until smooth.
- Turn heat to medium and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Sauce should thicken in 2 to 3 minutes after it begins to boil.
- Remove from heat and chill in the refrigerator in a covered container.
Yum! Easy to make and just the right amount of sweet and sour. I used on a veggie burger-delightful! Thanks! Made for the Asian Turmeric game!
Wonderful sauce! Very versatile too. I am a mustard-o-holic! It goes with chicken strips, very good on hamburgers and excellent on turkey sandwiches. Thank you for this great recipe Potsie!
My name is Chef floWer and I'm a sauce-a-holic. Delicious mustard and very easy to make, hubby and Little Miss (DD) spread it over Recipe #108601. I have heaps jarred up to use it over everything. Thank you Pot Scrubber