Recipe by Mary Alice Zurbach
This is a good one-dish meal or potluck dish. Just add a simple green salad.
Top Review by readingbear
I made this for dinner last night and it was great. I added black beans in place of pinto beans, I also added sour cream as a garnish. I can hardly wait for leftovers tonight!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 can diced green chilis (mild)
- 1 can bush pinto beans, drained (not refried beans)
- 1 cup frozen corn (thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, mild or medium
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 package grated Mexican blend cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 deg.
- Spray 12 x 8 casserole with Pam.
- Brown beef and onions, then add the garlic, tomatoes, olives, chilies, beans, corn, salsa and taco flavoring.
- Let simmer for 5 min.
- Crush about 1 cup or so of tortilla chips and sprinkle over bottom of baking dish.
- Add half of meat mixture.
- Sprinkle half of cheese over all.
- Repeat process.
- Bake for 20-25 min.