1 hr 30 mins
Kim D.'s Note:
This was my Maw Maw's recipe for homemade dressing. It is the best!!! My family has been using this particular dressing recipe for years!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups day-old breadcrumbs
- 4 cups crumbled cornbread
- 4 cups crumbled biscuits
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 -4 cups chicken broth (or more if needed)
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- 2In a very large mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs, crumbled cornbread, crumbled biscuits, yellow onions, celery, green onions, fresh parsley, sage, salt and pepper.
- 3Toss well.
- 4Add melted butter and eggs; mix.
- 5Add chicken broth, a little at a time, mixing lightly, but well.
- 6Add enough broth to make mixture extra moist.
- 7Place mixture into a well-greased baking dish.
- 8Bake about 45 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- 9~NOTE~This can be made ahead of time by mixing everything together, placing it in the well-greased baking dish, covering with foil, and refrigerating.
- 10To bake, remove from refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- 11Then, remove foil and bake for about 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maw Maw's Thanksgiving Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.8
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 356.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: