Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from recipetips.com and it's very good. I ate it as a salad, but it can also be divided among 3 split and toasted kaiser buns and broiled until the cheese melts.
- 2 (5 ounce) cans white chicken meat
- 8 ounces pineapple tidbits, well drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced onions or 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- Mix all ingredients.
I enjoyed this as a cold salad (like the recipe poster), but I am sure it would be wonderful broiled on the buns as written in the intro, too! I was out of green peppers, so I omitted them. This is so quick and easy to make. It really dresses up canned chicken. I'll have to try this with leftover chicken, too. Thanx for posting!
I made this and added pecans and a boiled egg. I served it with pecans, dried cranberries and mandarin oranges and served like a salad. Delicious but I like lots of textures.