womans world irish reast
Make and share this Mashed Potatoes With Celery Root recipe from Food.com.
- place potatoes celery root and garlic in a pot and cover with water to 1" over potatoes.
- boil then reduce heat to simmer cook till potatoes are tender about 20 minutes.
- drain vegetables mash or beat till smooth.
- beat in cream butter(6table) salt and pepper.
- stir in chives.
- add additional butter we used 4 tablespoons to finish off a stick and it was great for us.
I followed Bergy's advise and did not add the additional butter (also didn't have chives on hand). I loved it! I have made this about 4 times now, and have replaced regular mashed potatoes at our house.
We really enjoy Celeric mashed with potatoes - I didn't have fresh chives so had to leave them out. I did cut back on the butter and it was still delicious. I love the ease of boiling the garlic potatoes & celeric all together - then mashing them. It is important that you drain really well because the celeric tends to retain quite a bit of moisture. Thanks gregory for posting