This is great for using up left over mashed potatoes. Everyone loves it, especially kids. There are other potato candy recipes here, but none even close to this one that I've seen. My mom use to make this at Christmas all the time. This is very popular in the PA Dutch area. Prep and cook time is based on leftover mashed potatoes. Note: Instant potatoes don't work well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together all ingredients, except peanut butter.
- 2Add sugar until it's of dough consistency.
- 3Refrigerate to chill dough for an hour or two.
- 4Roll out onto powdered sugar dusted bread board or waxed paper.
- 5Spread peanut butter over potato dough.
- 6Roll it up like a jelly roll loaf.
- 7Refrigerate for about an hour, then slice into pinwheels.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mashed Potato Candy
Serving Size: 1 (798 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1839.6
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.3 mg
- Sodium 333.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 462.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 445.4 g
- Protein 2.0 g