Potato & Cheddar Quesadilla
photo by AmyMCGS
- Ready In:
- 2 large burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2⁄3 - 1 cup prepared mashed potatoes
- 2 2 tablespoons chopped green onions or 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon red & black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup hot salsa, for dipping
- sour cream or other cooked vegetables
- Place a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Put a small amount of olive oil in a large preheated skillet.
- Spread mashed potatoes on one tortilla, and place it potato side-up in skillet.
- Top with shredded cheddar, spices, and any other optional ingredients that you are using.
- Top with the other tortilla and cover the pan.
- When cheese is melted & bottom tortilla is crisp, carefully turn over the quesadilla, and cook uncovered until the other tortilla is crispy (3-4 minutes).
- Slice into wedges, and serve with salsa or sour cream for dipping.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe was great. It was even better than I guessed it would be. I had used a small pack of instant loaded potatoes. I also used onion flakes and omitted the red pepper. Otherwise, I followed the instructions exactly. The quesadillas were very flavorful. My son loved them. He put buffalo sauce on his for a kick.
WOW! When I looked for recipes to use up a ton of leftover mashed potatoes, I didn't see this one coming. I'm so glad you are this creative and generous to share! Made mine with Cotija cheese ("mexican parmesan", crumbly like feta)and some precooked fajita-seasoned chicken. The potatoes already had green onion and garlic so I skipped that and sprinkled everything with a dusting of spanish paprika for smoky good measure! Perfect 5 for ease of preparation, originality and great taste. What is that, 15 stars???