Yam Candy (Aka) Sweet Potato Candy
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I thought I would share some of my favorites, These are some that I have to make quite often. this is a hand me down recipe.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 lb margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract, pure
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract, pure
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet potatoes, baked
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons milk
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 cup angel flake coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Bake sweet potato as you would a plain potato.
- When done use only insides of potato.
- Measure out 1 1/2 potato let cool completely.
- In a bowl Sift sugar, mix well with margarine, milk , cinnamon, almond extract, vanilla extract and cooled sweet potato.
- Knead until smooth with your hands until mixed well.
- Add coconut.
- Shape into balls about 1 1/2 inches round.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- makes around 25-30 balls.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION