- Ready In:
- Peel hot potato and smash it up real good with a fork, about 1/2 cup mashed.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon vanilla.
- Add enough powdered sugar to create a stiff dough. You may need more sugar.
- Roll out on powdered sugar, spread with peanut butter.
- Roll up from one end, pinwheel fashion, slice into 1/4 inch slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Thanks for posting this treat! my mother-in-law used to make this for my husband years ago. I had forgot about it. I cant wait to suprise him this year! I love Gia's comment, "any candy that requires that much sugar will probably kill you anyway" Hello?? It's CANDY! and besides it has a potato in the recipe....I believe that's a vegetable:) Thanks again Tonkcats.
Im sorry, but this was a horrible mess. Next time try to describe a little better. What size potato..what size BOX of sugar. In my area powdered sugar is not sold in boxes anymore, its bags, and I think they are bigger. They are 2 lbs. So I attempted to double your recipe using two potatos and one 2lb bag of sugar. I have no clue how much sugar was SUPPOSED to be in it because you didnt specify, but I did not think I would need more than 2lbs for only 2 potatoes. It liquified instantly and turned into a soupy mess. I had an extra 1 lb of confec. sugar on hand and added that and no good. As a last resort I added all the regular sugar in the jar in my kitchen, still a soupy mess. Any candy that requires that much sugar will probably kill you anyway.