yum yum yum. Made this one up myself using a favorite enchilada sauce! It is a delicious vegetarian recipe but could also be spiced up with some chicken or pork. Enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 a yellow onions or 1⁄2 a white onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cumin, divided
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic powder, divided
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 9 tortillas (8-inch)
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- Put a large pot of water to boil, add potatoes and cook until they are soft and easily penetrable by a fork.
- Meanwhile make sauce: in a large saucepan, saute diced onion with a T of oil for 5 min or until soft and translucent. Add extra 2 T of oil and slowly stir in flour. Slowly stir in 1/2 cup salsa and tomato sauce, about 1/4c at a time. Add paprika, cili powder, 1T garlic powder and 1T cumin. Slowly stir in broth and simmer on low until sauce has thickened.
- When the potatoes are done, mash until smooth. Stir in beans, remaining salsa, cumin, garlic and 6oz of cheese.
- When the sauce is done, mix a 1/4-1/2 cup in with the potatos then pour a thin layer on the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Warm up the tortillas in a microwave or the oven (to make them flexible) and ladle about 1/3c of potato mixture in each, spreading it evenly down the middle, and rolling the tortilla tightly around it.
- Line up the enchiladas in the pan and pour the remaining sauce evenly over top. Sprinkle with remaining 2 oz of cheese and bake uncovered for 25min at 350. Enjoy!