Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this idea from a friend of mine, who made mash potato for a party...I couldn't stop eating it!
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- half-and-half cream
- Cut potatoes in half, then each half in quarters -- should come out with eight pieces per potato (Just cutting so they cook faster. Amount of pieces is not important).
- Place potatoes in sauce pan or pot with just enough water to cover.
- Bring to boil and simmer until potatoes are done (about 20-30 minutes). Drain water.
- Place potatoes in medium bowl and add remaining ingredients to your taste. Mash the potatoes.
- Beat in enough half-n-half to make potatoes light and fluffy. Add maybe a tablespoon at a time so you don't add too much liquid.
- Please note that if you taste it before the cream is added, it will taste salty.
This was one of my choices for the My Three Chefs challenge. I have made a similar recipe adding Montreal Steak Seasoning to them. These were wonderful. I did use 4 large potatoes so I naturally added more butter, closer to 6 Tablespoons. I will make this again.