Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 ounces almond paste
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon kirsch liqueur (or other brandy)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 cup ground blanched almond
- 1⁄2 grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter an 8 inch pan (springform - removable bottom recommended).
- In a large bowl, mix butter, sugar and almond paste until light and fluffy (may want to use beaters).
- Add eggs, kirsh and almond extract and beat well.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat thoroughly.
- Pour in pan and bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dust cake with powdered sugar and garnish with berries or berry sauce.