Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my Mother-in-laws recipe for potato salad and it is the only potato salad I have ever liked. Just to warn you I have never tried to make this myself yet, but after it is posted I am going to cut it down a little and try it myself.
- 8 lbs boiled potatoes
- 1 dozen hard-boiled egg
- 3 celery ribs
- 6 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 16 ounces sour cream with chives (Top the Tater works best)
- 45 ounces mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 2 pints half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- Dice up your potatoes, eggs, & celery.
- Mix together sour cream with chives, salt, pepper, mayo, mustard, half & half, and vinegar in a bowl.
- Add mixture to potatoes, eggs & celery.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours, until cold.