Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a good travel snack or just to have on hand. Great mix of sweet and salty.
- 1 quart popped popcorn
- 2⁄3 cup pecans
- 1⁄3 cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup white corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine popped corn and nuts; toss lightly with butter and salt.
- Spread on flat pan.
- Combine sugar, 1/2 cup butter and corn syrup in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir occasionally until mixture turns light caramel color.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Pour over popcorn mixture and stir to coat evenly. Spread out.
- When cool, break apart and store in tightly covered container.