Prep 12 hrs
Cook 4 hrs
I used Mike's Brisket recipe but changed ingredients to low sodium soy sauce, low sodium chili sauce and no salt catsup instead of regular.
- 2 1⁄2 cups no-salt-added ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-sodium chili sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 6 ounces beer
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lbs beef brisket
- Poke holes all over brisket with fork.
- Mix all ingredients except brisket, and marinate brisket in 1/2 of the sauce overnight.
- Place whole brisket on hot grill to sear and brown fat.
- Remove from grill and place in foilware pan.
- Cover pan tightly with foil, close hood, and cook on low heat for about 4 hours, or until meat is tender.
- For best results, use a meat thermometer.
- It should be 170 degrees F for medium.
- Slice brisket very thinly across grain at an angle.
- Heat remaining 1/2 of sauce, pour over slices and serve.
- Serving size = 118g = 4.1 oz per serving which is what you can have on a Renal Diet.