Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
If you like wild rice soup you will like this one. Yum! You can also add extra items to this soup to suit your taste. Example mushrooms, carrot, celery....you can also sub turkey for the chicken. This can also be made ahead of time and warmed in the crockpot or reheated in the microwave.
- 12 tablespoons butter or 12 tablespoons margarine
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's condensed chicken broth
- 1 cup raw wild rice
- 3 -4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 3 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Add wild rice and water.
- Bake for 1 hour until rice pops open.
- Drain any remaining water from rice and set aside.
- Pick all chicken meat from chicken and chop. Set aside.
- In Large stock pot add onions and butter.
- Cook until onions are tender.
- Blend in Flour.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth.
- Add 1 can Campbells condensed chicken broth (no water).
- Cook stirring consistently until mixture comes to a boil.
- Let boil 1 minute.
- Stir in Rice, Chicken and Half and Half.
- Heat to serving temperature.