1 hr 30 mins
MOM of 3 under 3 Chef #369452's Note:
If you like wild rice soup you will like this one. Yum! You can also add extra items to this soup to suit your taste. Example mushrooms, carrot, celery....you can also sub turkey for the chicken. This can also be made ahead of time and warmed in the crockpot or reheated in the microwave.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray 3 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- 3Add wild rice and water.
- 4Bake for 1 hour until rice pops open.
- 5Drain any remaining water from rice and set aside.
- 6Pick all chicken meat from chicken and chop. Set aside.
- 7In Large stock pot add onions and butter.
- 8Cook until onions are tender.
- 9Blend in Flour.
- 10Gradually stir in chicken broth.
- 11Add 1 can Campbells condensed chicken broth (no water).
- 12Cook stirring consistently until mixture comes to a boil.
- 13Let boil 1 minute.
- 14Stir in Rice, Chicken and Half and Half.
- 15Heat to serving temperature.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mary's Chicken Wild Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (683 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.6
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 107.4 mg
- Sodium 814.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 23.9 g