Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I first had this at our friends', Mike & Mary. It has become one of my favorite breakfast casseroles!
- 10 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 pint small curd cottage cheese
- 1 lb grated monterey jack cheese (or 1/2 lb cheddar cheese, and 1/2 lb. jack)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies, drained
- crumbled bacon or diced ham (optional) or sliced sausage (optional)
- In a large bowl, beat eggs;.
- Add baking powder, flour and salt.
- Add cottage cheese, and butter;.
- Blend all until smooth.
- Stir in green chiles, grated cheese and meat/vegetables of choice.
- Grease 9X13-inch pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 35 minutes or until brown on top.
This was good! The whole family liked it. Used sausage this time. Will try it with bacon next time.