Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
from the New York Times - the whisky gives a surprising nuance of flavor to crab soup
Make and share this Maryland Crab Soup With a Touch of Scotch! recipe from Food.com.
- Pick over the crabmeat to remove bits of shell and cartilage.
- Cook the onion in the butter until the onion is transparent.
- Stir in the crabmeat, salt and pepper and cook over low heat, ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk and cook over boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Add the cream and, when the mixture is piping hot, stir in the whisky.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with chopped parsley.