carrie sheridan's Note:
from the New York Times - the whisky gives a surprising nuance of flavor to crab soup
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pick over the crabmeat to remove bits of shell and cartilage.
- 2Cook the onion in the butter until the onion is transparent.
- 3Stir in the crabmeat, salt and pepper and cook over low heat, ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add the milk and cook over boiling water for 15 minutes.
- 5Add the cream and, when the mixture is piping hot, stir in the whisky.
- 6Serve immediately sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maryland Crab Soup With a Touch of Scotch!
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.9
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 89.2 mg
- Sodium 453.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: