This family recipe was almost lost. Grandma gave this recipe to Mary S. after the dementia set in. Sarah was at Mary's after Grandma's funeral getting a recipe. This recipe fell out of Mary's box and Sarah picked it up, recognizing her mother's handwriting. Mary pled with Sarah to let her keep it saying that Grandma had given it to her. Sarah made her a copy and the original recipe is in Sarah's recipe box and now here.
- Blend together sugars, margarine, oil, egg and vanilla.
- Add flour salt, baking soda and cream of tarter.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Drop on cookie sheet by spoonfull and press down with a fork.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes.