Recipe by Graybert
A tasty muffin recipe that it easy to make and looks great!
Top Review by kristen9632
I agree with last review to much left over filling. Mine turned out quite small. I only made 12. I also realized there was somthing wrong with the mix then realized the milk was missing. Had to add a couple extra tbs after I added the 3/4 cup. Turned out good though.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir well and make a well in the center of the mixture.
- In a small bowl combine the spice mix ingredients- stir well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the butter, sugar and egg and beat well.
- Pour this mixture into the well of the flour mixture.
- Mix just until moist.
- Grease the muffin cups.
- Fill the muffin cups 1/3 full and then sprinkle spice mix over top.
- Spoon the rest of the batter over the filling to 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 oven for 20-25 minutes.