Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A tasty muffin recipe that it easy to make and looks great!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir well and make a well in the center of the mixture.
- In a small bowl combine the spice mix ingredients- stir well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the butter, sugar and egg and beat well.
- Pour this mixture into the well of the flour mixture.
- Mix just until moist.
- Grease the muffin cups.
- Fill the muffin cups 1/3 full and then sprinkle spice mix over top.
- Spoon the rest of the batter over the filling to 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 oven for 20-25 minutes.
I agree with last review to much left over filling. Mine turned out quite small. I only made 12. I also realized there was somthing wrong with the mix then realized the milk was missing. Had to add a couple extra tbs after I added the 3/4 cup. Turned out good though.
I only gave this three stars because when I doubled the recipe, I didn't have enough to make 24 regular muffins. I had enough to make 18; however, there was way to much spice mix, and even sprinkling it on top in addition to the middle, I had some left over. Some of mix burnt on the outside of a couple of muffins. Finally, there's no instruction for adding the milk, which wasn't a biggie for me, but it might be for someone else. The muffins taste very good, but the recipe needs some tweaking. Next time I'll triple the recipe to make sure I have enough batter, but halve the spice mix.
Moist and springy texture. The taste was very good, especially with the spice mix added to the center of the muffin. Then topped with more batter. Muffins baked up nice a big.