Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Savory and moist, this is a favorite with friends and family that I created and have tweaked a little over the years. Try it, you'll like it.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 lbs hot Italian turkey sausage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 10 -12 leaves fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 3 -4 sprigs fresh oregano, stripped from stem
- 1 cup pasta sauce with mushrooms
- 0.5 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Assemble all ingredients.
- In large bowl, combine.
- ground beef.
- turkey sausages (with casings removed).
- salt & pepper.
- Combine in blender:.
- eggs, water, onions, garlic, 1 cup sauce.
- Pulse on & off until chopped (not pureed).
- Add to meats in large bowl.
- Rinse spinach, microwave for 30 seconds
- Remove and coarsely chop.
- Add to bowl
- Note: you can use 10 oz. package spinach.
- drained, water squeezed out.
- Add bread crumbs and parmesan cheese
- (for this meatloaf I use storebought).
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Spray cookie pan with rim (also known as a jelly roll pan) with nonstick spray. Then line with aluminum foil (for easy cleanup and to protect pan).
- FORM 3 meatloaves about the same size each,.
- and place on pan so they are not touching.
- BAKE at 400°F for 20 minutes,.
- then turn down oven to 350°F and continue to cook for 25-30 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and try real hard to wait 10 minutes before slicing and serving.