photo by Bill N.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or use 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic plus seasoning
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 -4 tablespoons brown sugar, packed firm (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 9 x 5-inch baking pan and a baking sheet covered with foil to place underneath to catch any drippings.
- In small mixing bowl add the eggs, milk, garlic, Worcestershire sauce & Garlic Plus seasoning, stirring constantly until blended well.
- Using a large mixing bowl, dump in the mixed ingredients from the small bowl and add the diced onion, corn flake crumbs and chili sauce, mixing well.
- The apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and ketchup are for the sauce. DON'T mix them in with meatloaf.
- Last, using clean hands mix the beef and pork into the bowl, continuing until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pack the mixture into prepared pan.
- Place the pan on a foil-lined baking sheet to catch any spills.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- While baking, mix together the apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and ketchup for the sauce.
- After the 1 hour of baking, remove the meat loaf (at this point you can carefully drain off some of the fat if desired) and spread the sauce over the top.
- Place back in the oven and bake for another 20-30 minutes, or until the meat loaf is pulling away from the sides of the pan. (Meatloaf should be 140°F at centre.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!